Can older folders of images be brought into PSCS6 Bridge

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
c.hammett Forum Pro • Posts: 12,119
Can older folders of images be brought into PSCS6 Bridge

I lost my old PSCS 6 in a total computer crash last year on a brand new iMac.  After some quick negotiations,  I was handed over to an Apple  senior tech who worked with me three days  totally erasing the original new HD twice, and doing a factory re-install, and even helping me transfer a lot of info from another computer to the newly restored Mac.  But  my PSCS6 was the program's second install,  so I was out of luck to install again.  After many phone calls / emails, Adobe  agreed to reinstall PSCS 6 for me, but it has taken me a long time to setup my work method,  as  I honestly don't remember how I had set it up 8 years ago !! (wish I had a screen shot of that !)   I have finally bumbled into a workspace mostly like I was using for 8 years, but still am missing some of what I was used to seeing  and using.  That could possibly  be as newer editions of CS6 seem to have been released ??

Now my problem is trying to get my thousands of pictures,  ALL in folders organized by country / city / site, etc. into Bridge.  All of these images, shot with a number of different Canon cameras. were downloaded into specific folders over 8 years and were in Bridge before the crash.

I know you can download images directly from memory card or camera into Bridge, but that is not  what I need.  I would like to know if I can somehow transfer / drag  the folders directly into CS6 Bridge from the desktop  ??  I am lucky that I have every image from multiple travels abroad stored in their folders and backed up on several  external HD's,  as well as on another computer.  I am able to get single images onto the new workspace, but would like to be able to access the folders directly within Bridge.

Any ideas ??

Thanks.... carolyn

-- hide signature --

Ranger a.k.a chammett
http://www.pbase.com/chammett
'elegance is simplicity'

c.hammett's gear list:c.hammett's gear list
Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Canon EF-S 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow