APS-C better spec'd camera ? Please no flame war Locked

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
This thread is locked.
Claire Dupuis Senior Member • Posts: 1,818
APS-C better spec'd camera ? Please no flame war

Hi guys

I currently own both the M5 and RP. While I love FF and what it brings, I'm slightly put off by the size of FF lenses and would consider going back to APS-C for my main body, given I wouldn't lose in functionality.

I have almost not gripe about the M5's IQ. The body is a bit too small, the AF is lame, the buttons are ridiculously tiny, but I adore the large tilt screen and the 2 wheel set-up. Overall I feel it's a very nice and underrated camera.

Now comes the M6 mk II. This camera has no integrated EVF, the buttons also seems tiny and nothing on it is exuding quality or seriousness.

Question : Looks like Canon wants to put all its eggs into mirrorless from now on (and I'd say it's about time) BUT it also seems that they don't want to put much effort or resources into APS-C at all ?

By making two distinct mounts for their FF and APS-C bodies, they are pretty much forcing people to chose once and for all, and offer no bridge between the two (other than for M users to chose EF and EF-S lenses over EF-M ones ? ).

What are your thoughts ? Do you think a serious APS-C body (for wildlife shooters, for instance) will happen ? PLEASE do not turn this thread into a flame war, I shoot both APS-C and like both, I'm just curious to see how Canon is going to manage both systems from now on ?

-- hide signature --

"If you don't have an expression, then you don't have a shot" - Peter Hurley

Canon EOS M6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD RLBur
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow