A9ii sensor problem - dust or dead pixel or not sensor related?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jroyer Forum Member • Posts: 99
A9ii sensor problem - dust or dead pixel or not sensor related?

Greetings, I am posting in case anyone else may have experience this with one of their sensor as I am not sure how to resolve.

Problem: I thought I had dust on the sensor so I cleaned it just like any other time when I switch lenses and there is dust but I seem to have something that cleaning does not resolve. I noticed by accident because the “dot” only shows above F4 (!) and since I shoot most of the time below F4 i never noticed it. I first noticed that dot because yesterday I shot with my 100m F5.6! So this problem might actually have been there since I got the camera a couple of months ago. This is really strange because you will notice at F2.5 for example, we dont see the dot on the left hand side. While i see the dot appearing at ~F4.5 I took another snapshot at F16 to be more apparent and you see it clearly. This can be seen in the picture, the view finder or the LCD screen.  The more I increase the F stop, the more apparent the dot becomes...

I included 3 pictures:  I have one picture at F16 (look at middle left for the “dot), one picture at F2.5, and one more picture at F16 where I zoomed the LCD screen to show the dot bigger.

I will contact Sony service tomorrow but was curious to get any insights from members here... Is this something i can fix myself?  Thanks for any insight.

Jacques

jroyer's gear list:jroyer's gear list
Sony a7R IV Sony a9 II Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM Sony FE 85mm F1.4 GM +5 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow