D850 displayed new features??

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Ansel Spear
Ansel Spear Contributing Member • Posts: 671
D850 displayed new features??

I've used my D850 fairly extensively for 2 years - especially exposure bracketing in silent live view.

Shooting a dawn shot this morning when I was racing against time, I noticed 2 issues I've not been aware of before today:

1. When bracketing in live view, the rear monitor displayed a (yellow) bracket indicator on the right side above the exposure indicator. This displays how many shots of the bracket sequence are remaining - similar to the top panel. I swear I have not seen this before - as I have often cussed for having to look at the top panel for this info.

I'm now looking at it again, and the symbol is white (not the earlier yellow)

2. When in silent live view, the monitor has always dipped to black during exposure.  Today, it did not dip to black  - and displayed a camera symbol on the left side instead.

Please put my mind to rest and tell me that these were new undocumented features with the 1.10 firmware update and that I'm not losing my mind.

Thanks.

Ansel Spear's gear list:Ansel Spear's gear list
Sony RX100 III Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D +18 more
Nikon D850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow