Favorite cameras for adapted lenses

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ProfHankD
ProfHankD Veteran Member • Posts: 6,860
A6000

TripleCoatedBokeh wrote:

Belgarchi wrote:

TripleCoatedBokeh wrote:

I've only used 3 bodies to adapt lenses to, old Oly e500, sony a6000 & a7iii. I like both the a6000 and a7iii equally but I think the a6000 has impressed me more. Maybe because it's the cheaper camera, the results have been more impressive and the crop factor has been more of a feature than an annoyance.

I had the a6000, sold it and regret it a little. I didn't like the lack of wheels and buttons, the poorly defined viewfinder... but images were amazingly sharp! Sharper than what my Fuji X-T20 can produce (in jpeg mode, with same lens).

I agree, the a6000 leaves a lot to be desired ergonomically. My biggest issue is I need to make the a7 and a6000 custom buttons as close as possible. I get all confused when switching between them for focus zoom. And I agree, the a6000 viewfinder is not great, but usable.

It's all relative and subjective with handling issues.

As somebody who's been using cameras for over half a century, and digitals for half that long, all I can say is that very few modern cameras have handling half as bad as what we used to consider pretty good.

As for the A6000 in particular, the real story for it is that, in terms of the general capabilities of the camera and image quality it delivers, the A6000 is priced way lower than competitors. Sort of the same story for the A7. The A6000 was Sony's APS-C flagship when it came out, and the fact it's still competitive with the best APS-C models is a good indication of just how far ahead Sony was when the A6000 was new. That said, I do think the A6000's window is closing -- just as the A7's window pretty much closed last year when the A7II came within $100 of its price.

ProfHankD's gear list:ProfHankD's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX530 Olympus TG-860 Sony a7R II Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Sony a6500 +30 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow