D800 Exposure issues?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Pengzi Forum Member • Posts: 98
D800 Exposure issues?

Hi All,

I've had my D800 since new and loved it. Recently it starts to act a bit strongly (or randomly) with its metering system. I attached two couples of images to show what it was doing. The images are captured at the same time of the day and at the same scenes:

The comparison I:

DSC_3451 and DSC_3453 are used the same shutter speed and same aperture, and yet the latter one is about 1,5EV under-exposed.

DSC_3451.jpg

DSC_3453.jpg

The comparison II:

DSC_3467 was captured with 1/320-f/2.8 and DSC_3468 with 1/2000 -f/2.8. Yet the first image is much darker than the second one (correct exposed):

DSC_3467.jpg

DSC_3468.jpg

This happens quite often and ramdomly - and with different lenses.

Have any of you - D800 users experienced the same problem and do you think it's time that I should send my camera in to an authorised NIKON workshop for a check?

Thank you for your comments or advices.

Best regards, Pengzi

Pengzi's gear list:Pengzi's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Nikon AF Nikkor 24mm f/2.8D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm F2.8G IF-ED VR +2 more
Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow