Wireless Flash Trigger

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Rekusu New Member • Posts: 10
Wireless Flash Trigger

What ho one and all,

Have managed to revive an old Courtenay 800w/s flash pack and would like to use with my D300 for some portraiture.

Being uncertain of the trigger voltage (it dates from around 1980) I figured that an inexpensive wireless flash trigger (from China?) would do the job. It does fire my Vivitar 285HV which has a trigger voltage of around 7v.

But the flash pack, zilch. Am not sure of the trigger voltage but seems to be (may be) around 17v. which I assume the 2 x AAA batteries inside the receiver cannot deliver.

I would assume that if 17v is about correct, there is no problem using a pc cord to the D300 as it should accept up to 250v. But the purpose of this question, does anyone know of an inexpensive wireless flash trigger that delivers a more powerful 'bang?'

How about this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Godox-DM-16-16CH-Studio-Flash-Trigger-Wireless-Remote-Transmitter-Receiver/123989139478?hash=item1cde542016:g:gtEAAOSwzSNd3NuX

which is mains connected so presumably delivers sufficient power?

Toodle pip and thanks

Rex

Nikon D300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow