SX70 versus SX20 pixel size

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Glennigogs New Member • Posts: 1
SX70 versus SX20 pixel size

I have just bought the SX70, hoping it would far surpass my old SX20.  However even though there isn't much in the weight specs, the SX20 feels more robust, and more disappointingly upon zooming in on the already heavily optically zoomed images (at only 160ASA, taken in good light) I am finding an extreme amount of noise, very similar to that on the image files of my Huawei phone when they have been "sharpened" by the phones image software due to low light.

My first question is this:

because the pixel area is similar on both the SX20 and 70, does the fact that the latter due to having smaller pixels (even though there are more) will perform less satisfactory in regards to image noise than the SX20 did.

Second question as follows:

I am having more "lens malfunctions" in one day than I ever had with the SX20 over a few years, and the articulated viewing screen sometimes turns off (?disconnects) when I hold the camera vertical whilst using it.  Is that even supposed to happen?

Third question:

If it is the pixel size that is the issue here, ire there any other cameras still on general sale that will compare more to the SX20 in pixel size that I could buy instead?

Thanks

G

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon PowerShot SX70
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow