P950 main benefits , so far.

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ANAYV Forum Pro • Posts: 17,709
P950 main benefits , so far.

Here's how I see it.

Hopefully all info is correct .

I added some photo's along the way to show type of shots I would take with P950.

Feel free to add your thoughts, etc. to this thread.

I almost bought the P900 soon after it first came out.

Went to store, but they didn't have any. They did have the P610.

So I bought it. Love so many things about it.

Hated a few , as well .

Over the years I have bought and used many other Superzooms, though none have the reach that my P610 does (1440mm).

Looking for a bit more reach, but not about to carry around a camera of the of P1000 size

So, here are the benefits as I see them:

1. Better EVF. At almost twice the size, and over twice the resolution as P610/P900, this is most welcome.

2. RAW. This has become a bigger plus for me, since being better aquainted with DXO PhotoLabs. I will have to wait to use it on P950 until they support it, though.

Since the P950 doesnt seem to allow NR to be fully off, I welcome this.

3. Bigger buffer when shooting continuous fps bursts. How much bigger, not sure yet.

Most welcome, and I hope it's not crippled / limited in this area at all, as the now P900/610 are

Older cameras , like Canon SX60 and Panasonic FZ80 can already Multitask and are faster to SF and continuous fps bursts, while not locking up, until All images are then processed, as the mentioned are.

4. Faster AF , especially at the telephoto end. A plus, indeed.

How much improved, well , again don't know yet.

5. Improved VR . Perhaps the Best VR (Optical Image Stabilization) yet, claiming 5.5 stops..

Useful improvement especially at the telephoto end.

I am fine with older VR in Nikons lenses and P610, though.

6. Customizable Side Dial. Looks to be a good addition.

7. For me...increase from 1440mm to 2000mm.

8. LCD is now 3.2". I was OK with 3" but why not .

For the Video end:

1. 4K video. An option, not necessity, but welcomed.

2.Choice of 3 zoom speeds while shooting video.

3.Mic input

ANAYV

Canon PowerShot SX60 HS Nikon Coolpix P1000 Nikon Coolpix P610 Nikon Coolpix P900 Panasonic FZ80/FZ82
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow