"Freelensing"- What it is and what to do if a loved one is doing it

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
JohnWick4001 Regular Member • Posts: 355
"Freelensing"- What it is and what to do if a loved one is doing it

There's a disturbing new trend among young adults and experts are growing increasingly concerned.

"It's inexplicable and frankly,it's stupid and dangerous" said Seymour Liebowitz, head of the Photography department at Berkeley. "We're seeing a alarming number of  bad mages that are totally out of focus as well as things like dust and even hair on expensive sensors".

"Freelensing" is the practice of removing a lens from the camera body and holding it by hand in front of the camera to get a blurry,out of focus and confusing image.

" I first started by finding my dad's old Canon Rebel which he never kept locked away,and it led me to on to worse things like shooting only in black and white ,and "natural light".When he found me experimenting with film in my bedroom ,he said I needed help" says Josh,a millennial from Portland.  "I'm lucky he found out what i was doing and showed me that every camera can shoot in color now and that flash is actually necessary to properly expose lots of stuff".

"For God's sake,if your kid insists on focusing manually when he doesn't have to,if he starts using terms like "natural light",If he only shoots in black and white,it usually means he can't understand white balance and is compensating for it and doesn't have a clue on how to use a strobe" said Liebowitz.

JohnWick4001's gear list:JohnWick4001's gear list
Sony a7R III Nikon Z7 Nikon Z6 Panasonic Lumix DC-S1R Sony a7R IV +11 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow