Cheap lens for the gh5 autofocus features

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Tim Reidy Productions
Tim Reidy Productions Senior Member • Posts: 3,789
Re: Cheap lens for the gh5 autofocus features

Marty32 wrote:

Are you talking about the "Lumix Leica DG Vario Summilux 10-25 mm f/1.7" ? It costs 1.5k€ ...

this goes into you last sentence about giving you a real cinema look,  I did give you a cheap option to do this with the 25mm lens.

Well the Ferrari was fine but for now I think I'll pass on the Barbara Streisand Mansion that goes with it I don't mind used lenses, I need only one. One that has great gh5 auto-focus compatibility, wide or normal angle, 35mm, 55 mm or something, ideally a zoom lens. A superzoom as suggested by Jouko would be ideal, I'm just afraid it costs quite a lot.

I bought the gh5 for the stabilization and the slow motion. It's just to make stupid effects in my music videos. It's just for fun, for the ridicule of it. But fun is a matter I take with the utmost seriousness. I though the difference of price with the gh4 wasn't enough to justify the downgrade.

You have your reasons to buy the gear, and there are great things about a gh5, so good luck.

Anyway, is the GH5 Really so great? I doubt I can get a real cinema look out of it. I'd love to, for sure.

you can also adopt cheap lenses to the camera for normal to tele on the cheap side.

Tim Reidy Productions's gear list:Tim Reidy Productions's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Pentax K-7 Pentax K-3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7 Panasonic G85 +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow