Cleaning camera after seascape photoshoot??

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
HB1969 Senior Member • Posts: 1,556
Cleaning camera after seascape photoshoot??

A short time ago, I went to the beach to take some sunset images* (they weren't any good so I won't post) but it was very windy and there was LOTS of sea spray in the air. I wiped down my camera with a damp cloth and dried it when I got home including around the lens mount.

A week later I was taking some shots in the park with 55-200 and got a lens error. At the time I thought it was from all the bushfire smoke** in the air interfering with the contacts. I dis- and re-mounted the lens and it worked fine afterwards.

Last night I was watching Nick Page on YT have troubles with his camera due to corrosion caused by sea spray and he had a weather sealed camera (looked like sony A7Riv??). I was wondering if you guys thought that a simple wipe down was sufficient maintenance on my camera or if there's anything more I should do. Thanks.

*Camera= xpro-2 but I had non-weather sealed lens (sammy 12mm). I didn't change lenses while I was at the beach.

**don't know if you've heard...we've been having a small problem here in Aus

-- hide signature --
 HB1969's gear list:HB1969's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-Pro2 Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II Canon EF 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 III Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +11 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow