D500 - Graceful curves and shapes of wings, poetry in motion.

Started 1 month ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
RudyPohl Veteran Member • Posts: 5,822
D500 - Graceful curves and shapes of wings, poetry in motion.

These 6 images are a series of photos focusing on the graceful beauty of the curves and shapes of various wing positions of Mourning Doves in flight. They were taken in a deep forest near our home on a dark overcast day.

I wish the image quality and feather details were much better than they are, but unfortunately the light was very low that day in the deep forest and this was the only chance I would have to play with my new D500 and 200-500/5.6 for the next few weeks, maybe longer. So I cranked up the ISO and went ahead anyway.

1/2500 sec shutter speed and ISO 6400-16000, of course, wipes out most of the fine details, but nonetheless, the beautiful wing shapes and curves and the stunning colours of the birds can still be enjoyed. I hope to return at a later date and try again when the light is better (and when I know what I'm doing with all these buttons and dials on this camera).

I do apologize for posting photos so lacking in image details, I'm normally a fine details freak, but I really liked the overall look and beauty of these birds in flight and wanted to share them.

Cheers,
Rudy.

1/2500 sec., ISO 16000

Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Nikon D500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow