Nikon Z50 Yellow program return went perfectly

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
geerlingguy
geerlingguy Regular Member • Posts: 267
Nikon Z50 Yellow program return went perfectly

I just wanted to mention, for anyone seriously considering the Z50, the Yellow program was one of the best experiences I've had trying out camera gear, and I wish it were available for a whole host of other types of gear.

I left a review of the Z50 previously—I liked it a lot but decided to wait before jumping into Nikon's mirrorless until the next generation (and/or more lenses), so probably a year or two longer.

But as far as the Yellow program goes, I bought the camera + two lens kit + $99 FTZ adapter on 12/17/19:

And then I returned it a few weeks later, and the refund for the exact same amount posted today:

It did take a week or so after I shipped it back before I got the notification that it was received, processed, and the refund would be sent. Then it took two days before the refund (dated 1/15) showed up on my credit card statement.

I know that there have been a lot of annoying things happening with Nikon's relationship with brick-and-mortar retailers, but honestly, as someone who often tries out gear via BorrowLenses or LensRentals before committing to a purchase, being able to basically get the cost of the trial rental free made it much more palatable.

Even if Nikon charged a nominal fee (e.g. $50 or 5% or something) it would be worth it to me, because I'm committed enough to put down money on the new purchase, but having a no-hassle return policy without the full 10% restocking fee you get at a place like Best Buy is very reassuring.

geerlingguy's gear list:geerlingguy's gear list
Nikon D700 Sony a6000 Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +9 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow