Coming back to M for traveling

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
thedanj
thedanj Regular Member • Posts: 402
Coming back to M for traveling

Hi all,

I switched from my M system over to Fuji several years ago for the glass. (I shoot mainly portraits, and the Fuji 56 1.2 hasn't let me down.) However, I really miss the small form factor of my old travel kit, which consisted of two M2 bodies and the 11-22, 22, 55-200, and 50 1.8STM with adapter. My bag was so compact then, and even now I look back at my photos with those little M cameras and think they are pretty great.

So, long story short, I'm coming back to M for a travel kit. I've been keeping my eye on things from over here in Fujiland over the years, but having never shot with any of the new M bodies, and I'm looking for some advice. Lens-wise, I will probably go back to what I had before, possibly switching out the 50 1.8 for the 32 1.4. But even though 18MP is enough for the kind of travel photography I do (and I could therefore pick up some used M2s for super cheap), and even though I don't really need an EVF, I'm guessing the newer bodies are much improved over what I had (if a bit larger). Can you offer some advice, those of you who have been in the M range throughout? Where is the sweet spot?

Thanks in advance,

Dan

thedanj's gear list:thedanj's gear list
Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow