Z50 + Sigma 105mm DG Macro Autofocus issue

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
G Beans New Member • Posts: 2
Z50 + Sigma 105mm DG Macro Autofocus issue

Hi all,

I'm in the process of moving from a D7000 into the mirrorless world with the Z50. I got the two kit lenses and the adaptor, hoping to be able to use my super wide and macro lenses while the Z line up fills out. I've only had the camera a couple of days, and I'm happy with it and slowly learning how to set it the way I like it, using the kit lenses to figure it all out.

Well today I needed to take some portrait photos at work and pulled out the FTZ and the Sigma 105mm DG Macro (bought in Dec 2013). No autofocus. No problem, I like manual focus on the Z50 with the optical viewfinder and hitting the + button, and for a portrait at work that's fine, and maybe that would be fine for most of my macro photography. But I also on occasion use it for nice family photos and my kids' love of movement doesn't work well with a manual focus... so... help me figure out if I can get this lens and this camera to play nice, or if I need to start looking at other solutions!

From compatibility lists it looks like it plays just fine with the Z6, so I'm not sure why it won't focus with the Z50. Do I need to do a firmware update on it? And how do I do that? I've never done a firmware update on a lens before.

Anyone had this issue and figured out how to fix it? I've done some searching through the forums and online but haven't found a super clear answer so I thought I would ask.  Thanks!

Nikon D7000 Nikon Z50 Nikon Z6 Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow