NX500+18-200mm

Started Jul 22, 2019 | Discussions thread
TuVuVu
TuVuVu Regular Member • Posts: 352
Re: NX500+18-200mm

markyboy81 wrote:

Veducci wrote:

What am I missing? I`m trying to understand why everyone feels it`s such a good lens? I see very little detail in the feathers, texture, etc. Certainly not very sharp at 200mm.

It's true that the lens won't win any awards for sharpness, especially at that FL.

But the main advantage of it is the versatility, 18-200mm means it can be used almost anywhere. It's also got great stabilisation and autofocus and most importantly silent autofocus, which makes it a brilliant video lens - at 4k it performs excellently.

Hello Veducci,

"
(From Samsung lens literature) Samsung 18-200mm multi-purpose Long Zoom Lens. This model features modes that are optimized for creating high-quality movie content with a single lens. The new long zoom lens also has a fast, silent Auto-Focus due to Samsung's use of Voice Coil Motor (VCM) technology, so users can capture important events without recording the sound of the camera's AF. The lens also features Optical Image Stabilization (OIS) to cancel out any hand movement and deliver crisp, clear images, even when a subject is far away. Compatible with Samsung's unique i-Function system, which helps users create powerful effects easily through quick and convenient controls.
"

Samsung built/marketed the 18-200 as a Video lens and for me, it was a no-brainer when KEA.Com's listing parameters were:
"Black - With Caps and Hood - Excellent] $340. USD"

Suggest comparing the above price/quality online.

FWIW: KEA currently running 10% off cameras/lenses, 20% off accessories ending today.
Price (above) includes 10% off but regardless of 10%, asking price was so inexpensive I bought asap. KEA has other very low priced Samsung lenses but already own them.

When my lens arrives, I'll evaluate it's above listing parameters, test all work flawlessly. If not "Excellent", simply contact KEA and return. Great company, purchased a lot from them.

Very Best Regards,
TuVuVu

-- hide signature --

"What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know. It's what we know for sure that just ain't so." -Mark Twain

TuVuVu's gear list:TuVuVu's gear list
Samsung NX1 Samsung NX500 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 50-200mm F4-5.6 OIS Samyang 85mm F1.4 Aspherical IF +18 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow