Best X-Trans IQ up to $300?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Dusty-Lens
Dusty-Lens Regular Member • Posts: 323
Best X-Trans IQ up to $300?

Hello!

I didn't have a Fuji for 8 years and I couldn't resist anymore.  Please recommend - what X-Trans camera do you consider offers the highest image quality for under $300 used body only? The camera will be used mostly with a collection of various classic/old manual lenses. I am not interested in video quality, operations speed, AF speed, additional features, filters etc.

Looking at the market I found that the X-E1, X-E2 and X-T1 seem to fit my needs and budget. But I am not sure what X-Trans generations offers better image quality. Comparing DPReview DR test the 1 gen sensor seem to have overall wider DR, is this actually true?

On the other hand the 1st gen cams like the X-E1 have 12bit RAW compared to 14bit RAW in the X-E2. What do you find to affect real IQ more - the difference in DR shown above or the difference in 12vs14bit RAW?

Any suggestions and information will be helpful!

Also I would love if someone can provide some real world RAW files from these cams!

Thank you in advance!

ANSWER:
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow