I will love/hate new EM1 mark III

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
tkbasic Junior Member • Posts: 34
I will love/hate new EM1 mark III

I am certain I will love and hate the new EM1.  But the love will grow and the hate will be forgotten. 

It is going to have the same sensor.  Ouch.  But, the old one is actually better than the one found on the 3 recent Sony APSC cameras.  Noise is near identical, DR (shadow noise) is only 2/3rds of a stop behind,  rolling shutter is vastly better, and readout speed is vastly better.   And with a newer processor Jpegs and maybe RAW files will be improved.

It will have handheld high resolution mode.  yes!   I've played around with posing people and taking long exposure shots and it works very well.  So for landscapes and even some portraits and people photography, the camera should be amazing.

I hope Olympus improves video specs.  The C4K is as good as anyone's but its "only" 24p.  I could use 4k/60p for slow motion and 10 bits would be nice.

the point is....Olympus take my money.

Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow