New To Photography and debating between Canon EOS 6 vs A6400

Started 8 months ago | Questions thread
beagle1 Forum Pro • Posts: 10,900
Re: New To Photography and debating between Canon EOS 6 vs A6400

lehill wrote:

Umesh9 wrote:

Hello,
I am new to photography and planning on buying a new camera because we are expecting a baby soon and we need a good quality images for prints. Initially, I thought of buying Sony A6400 but I recently saw a deal from on CANON EOS M6 (NOT M-II) body+18-150mm kit lens for$449. I am now debating to go with this or Sony A6400. Could you please suggest which one to with and a good lens to start with as I am a beginner.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1318778-REG/canon_1724c021_eos_m6_mirrorless_camera.html

When I look at the M6 (I or II) what makes me uneasy is the lack of a viewfinder. That means taking photos in bright sunlight will be just as hard as a cellphone. I see there's a viewfinder+lens kit available @B&H for US$750 - that's still a killer deal. However, it seems the viewfinder might be easy to lose.

For Sony, the 18-135mm lens would be a nice starter lens.

For either camera, if the 18-150/18-135 kits look too bulky then go with the two-lens kits. You can leave the long lens at home when you're going to parties, grandma's house, restaurants, or other similar indoor activities. [Edit: Darn, the M6 viewfinder not available with the two-lens kit. It's available for $300 as a separate item]

I believe the Canon M6ii has an optional detachable electronic viewfinder

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow