EM1 Mark III is important

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Verto Regular Member • Posts: 283
EM1 Mark III is important

While we don't know yet the exact details, rumors are the EM1 Mark III is a EM1X without the grip and a new CPU. While I sold my EM1 Mark II setup and went full frame, I'm disappointed as I want Olympus to do well. They have been recycling the same image quality (same sensor) since 2016. The EM1 Mark III is a really important camera for the format as a whole. If they use the same sensor as the EM1 Mark II/EM1 X and EM5 Mark II again then it's really a bad sign as the tech has hit a peak. I find it odd that Sony hasn't developed a new sensor for these cameras, or should I say that Olympus hasn't used them. Sony has global shutter 20 megapixel sensors and new tech available. Obviously we don't know their relationship, perhaps they bought a large amount of those sensors currently in use and they have to put them in cameras so they kept using them, who knows. I just hope we see more than the rumors are indicating.

Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow