M6 II and older glass, i.s. doesn't turn off.

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
dave vichich
OP dave vichich Senior Member • Posts: 2,537
Re: Standard behavior

R2D2 wrote:

dave vichich wrote:

I'm glad to hear that's it's not a flaw, just a poor design.

LOL, others may call it a feature (stabilizing the image view). Perhaps the poor design is in the older (noticeably noisy) IS mechanisms of the older lenses?

R2

I look at it as a way for Canon to make money.

The older lenses are just that, old. If you make newer cameras that will somehow affect these older lenses to perhaps, breakdown, then say that the lens is 10 years years old and can't be repaired, what does the camera owner do? They buy new glass.

Should I even think about wearing down the battery needlessly. In warmer climates that may not matter. In the great white north, it kind of does. Good thing I bought 4 extra batteries when I got this camera.

I.S. lenses have been around for what ... 30 years. Why does this function need to stay on now? I'm pretty sure there could be a switch added into the firmware that would give the end user the option as to how they would like it to function.

Ok, my little rate is over.

-- hide signature --

davev
Basking in the shadows of yesterday's triumphs
https://www.flickr.com/photos/davev

dave vichich's gear list:dave vichich's gear list
Sony a7 III Sony a6400 Sony 1.4x Teleconverter (2016) Sony 2x Teleconverter (2016) Sony FE 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 +21 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow