Printing Using iPad

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
museo Regular Member • Posts: 104
Printing Using iPad

I recognize that this is most likely off topic, but I'm hoping someone might be able to point me to a solution.

I had been able to print e-mails and such from my iPad to a Canon Pro-10 printer.  The printer is Ethernet connected to a router.  The iPad connects using Wi-Fi to the router and then to the printer.  This method has been successfully used for the past 3 years until about a week ago.  After several days attempting to resolve the problem and several calls to Apple, Canon and the router people, the problem appears to be related to iOS updated software.  Despite having two conversations with three different Apple tech people, it's evident Apple will not provide a solution.  Hence, I would like to know if anyone has found a printing app that successfully works under the set up that is being used.  I did try the Printer Pro app and the Canon Inkjet Selphy, but neither work very well.

One suggestion was to enable wireless on the printer and that would solve the problem.  However, after viewing several different website where people are using a canon printer wirelessly and having problems where the printer disappears, I'm reluctant to go that way.

Thanks for any help.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow