A2 printer under £1000?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Ceridwen New Member • Posts: 9
A2 printer under £1000?

Hello,

Would anyone be able to recommend a printer for printing out fine art reproductions? I'm an oil painter. I don't know where to start. I know that with cameras, there are colour biases between brands - some brand veer towards taking a more blue toned photo and other lean towards magenta more.  I know that it's not going to be like that with printers regarding colour, but are there any difference between brands that I should know about?

The only undesirable thing I've seen so far in a print is on a Canson Platine paper (which I really like). If you viewed it straight-on, you would think it was perfect. If you saw it at an angle though, you could see that the gloss coating changed in places to a slightly more matt finish, and you could see there was pattern to it. These more matt areas formed horizontal bands and I found online that some printers leave roller marks on the surface, where they've pressed or grabbed the paper in a certain way. I know that some printers have something that can avoid that, but it was so long ago I don't know where to start looking for that info again!

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow