M43 cameras and blotchy red skin tones

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
Gnine Senior Member • Posts: 1,182
Re: M43 cameras and blotchy red skin tones

Dexter75 wrote:

fiddleseth wrote:

Yeah I noticed this with my GX85. Compared to Canon and Fujifilm the Panasonic colors are a bit more saturated and look sort of unnatural. The color mix tool in Lightroom can help with that. I switched to Fujifilm and now people look pale and unhealthy to me so I try to make those images look more like the Panasonic's. I think skin tones were slightly improved on the GX9, at least judging from some image samples I've seen.

Right. I’m betting the people who don’t see it have never shot with a Canon or other system that more accurately renders skin tones. I shouldnt have to play with the colors in post to get useable images. That’s just not feasible when I’m dealing with up to a thousand photos on a shoot sometimes. There is a good reason so many portrait/wedding photographers shoot with Canon. I’ll probably rent one of the newer Olympus cameras and play with all the profiles and see if I can get one that will work straight out of the camera.

He he he. You're talking nonsense. There's no way you can take thousands of image's in varied lighting, using Canon standard JPEGs, and get perfect skin tones. No chance. I've experienced it myself, with my own Canon cameras. Unlike you, I've actually OWNED & used both m4/3 and Canon. Not just randomly picked samples off the interwebz to try and make some weird point

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow