Missing internal flash on Z6/Z7 (...and D780)

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Cekon Regular Member • Posts: 128
Missing internal flash on Z6/Z7 (...and D780)

One of the things I sometimes miss with my Z6 is an internal (pop-up) flash. Not that I'm much into flash photography but:

- Nikon always did very good job exposing fill flash in bright daylight pictures, I liked that with my D300. I don't carry my SB around all the time...

- Using the internal flash in commander mode comes also very handy when I use my SB-600 off camera.

Somehow I can live with that with the Z6, as it has a nice light and compact body - but it is clearly a drawback. I also don't understand why they removed the flash from the D780, which has a much bigger body anyhow.

And the tiny Z50 has a flash! Seems like Nikon thinks internal flashes are only for low-end cameras? (sorry, no offence to you Z50 owners, you know what nice cameras you got!)

What do you think?

Cekon's gear list:Cekon's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon Z6 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D +10 more
Nikon D300 Nikon Z6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow