Wanted a lighter camera than my Nikon dSLR's.....

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
George356 New Member • Posts: 2
Wanted a lighter camera than my Nikon dSLR's.....

as I'm in my 70's so, going back to my roots I thought I quite fancied a more traditional looking camera as I was tired of humping huge dSLR's around.

I looked at a few different brands but was pleased to see that Fuji did just what I wanted (I have in my collection a Fuji s602Z Pro and a Finepix MX1700 zoom from way back when).

Looking at my options I decided on a Fuji X-A5 with kit lens as it was on a special deal from the big "A".

This was just before Christmas 2019 and I used it a good bit and was amazed at the Jpeg quality from the X-Trans sensor. Also, with a few adapters I can use my Nikon glass, some legacy M42 lenses (Russian, Mamiya, Minolta etc) that I've amassed over the years.

I was hooked! All my old lenses back in use again!

So, going to a major used camera seller here in the UK (dunno if I'm allowed to say which one) I bought another body, an X-E1 which is truly amazing!

Photography has become fun again and I'm experimenting with all sorts of bits and pieces.

Great job, Fuji, the latest gear must be sensational as I'm blown away with the two cameras I have bought.

George356's gear list:George356's gear list
Fujifilm MX-1700 Fujifilm FinePix S602Z Pro Nikon D80 Nikon D2X Nikon D800 +2 more
Fujifilm X-E1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow