Affordable wide angle options

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ScooterMcTavish
ScooterMcTavish Junior Member • Posts: 41
Affordable wide angle options

So first vacation with my OM-D E-M10ii and I enjoy the portability of the camera.

Unfortunately, when visiting Key West and Nassau, I found the 14-42 kit lens didn't go wide enough to take photos of buildings across the street.  I ended up having to use my Huawei P30 Pro way more than I expected to.

A look online suggests there are decent wide options, but they are pricey, or difficult to find used locally.  Just need a lens good enough for  capturing memories.

I welcome ideas as to good cheap wide lenses (if they exist) or other possible suggestions for getting wider with the kit lens.

Glad I figured this out before going to Europe.  FYI, I have attached a couple of photo examples from my phone where I could not get the shot with the kit lens.

ScooterMcTavish's gear list:ScooterMcTavish's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R
Olympus E-M1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow