My first images/post with 200-600mm and a6XXX

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Eduardo del Solar
OP Eduardo del Solar Senior Member • Posts: 1,955
Re: Eduardo,

Really happy with this lens. My heavier Canon lens will stay home in my upcoming trip to South America, but this one comes with me for some of the pelagic birds i hope to see there. Very happy camper here with the 200-600 mm, such portable optics!

What I really like about my backyard is that flickers and RTH are here daily..and relatively easy to photograph as they feed. During warbler season, it is the best time of year to shoot here!  While I would love to have another irrupting year of Snowy owls coming from Canada, (we had one about 4 years ago), I still find common sparrows a great alternative to the more exotic ones....but your roseate Spoonbill, ah man, got to love Florida for its diversity!

zackiedawg wrote:

Hey - that's not a bad selection of species you have up there either! Congrats on the combo, and good to see some more long lens shooters joining in on this forum.

Love the flicker - wish we had more...and the hawk with his catch. And of course, wood ducks are always amazing to see and shoot. I also like your little sparrow - captured with an interesting background in a nice color palette.

-- hide signature --
 Eduardo del Solar's gear list:Eduardo del Solar's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Sony a6000 Canon EOS 7D Mark II Sony a6500 Canon EF 50mm F1.4 USM +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow