M43 cameras and blotchy red skin tones

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
Gnine Senior Member • Posts: 1,212
Re: M43 cameras and blotchy red skin tones

Dexter75 wrote:

Gnine wrote:

Dexter75 wrote:

TwoMetreBill wrote:

Stop shooting jpegs and learn how to use a good photo editing tool. If you insist on shooting jpegs then use a high end smartphone as the best of them have much better jpeg algorithms than any camera at any price.

Thanks for the advice but Ive been shooting JPEG the entire 15 years Ive been shooting professionally and Ive never once had a complaint from any client, art director or editor on the images Ive delivered. I know how to shoot and process RAW in 3 different editors but for what I do, RAW is a waste of time and only slows down and complicates my workflow.

Sorry, but I’ve got to call BS on that. Especially in light of this https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/63526004

All those years of Pro shooting, and you’ve never tried changing picture styles? Really?

Yep, because Ive never had to think about it with Canon. Ive never had to use anything other than Standard.

Ha ha ha ha. Now I know for sure you're talking BS, as I've also shot Canon APSC & 36x24 for nearly 10 years. And seen some very ugly looking orange & pink skin tones in that time. Especially on Asian skin. Enough that I resorted to shooting raw.

Interestingly, the one thing Panasonic used to get panned for, was their bland & uninspiring jpeg colours. Which, to my eye, were probably among the most realistic and natural looking out there. I actually cringe a little bit when looking back through some of my Canon shots, but oddly enough I feel no desire to run off to the Canon forums making posts about it. Strange huh?

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow