Brightness & Contrast calibration issue

Started 4 days ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
thomste Forum Member • Posts: 67
Brightness & Contrast calibration issue

Hi all,

I am new to printing and, like many others, I am having trouble getting prints to match my screen. I understand prints will never look exactly the same but I know I can get much closer to what I am currently getting.

I calibrated my monitor using a SpyderX pro.

I print from PS, letting PS manage the colours and I use the ICC profile of the paper (Canon paper with a Canon pro100s printer).

The colours are actually not bad and pretty close but I find that the brightness and especially the contrast are way off. My prints are a lot dimmer and flatter than the screen.
My black and white prints still have a warm colour cast compared to what I see on screen even after calibration...

Again I understand brightness is tricky because a screen is backlit etc.. but I was expecting to at least get the colours and contrasts right after calibrating the screen.

Should I try to manually adjust the contrast of my screen to match the print then increase contrast in PS again to get to the level I need?

Thank you for your help

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow