M43 cameras and blotchy red skin tones

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
Henry Richardson Forum Pro • Posts: 17,193
Re: Jpegs? Raw?

Dexter75 wrote:

Well that probably explains it then. I never thought to change the picture profile, only tried changing the WB settings to no avail. Even custom WB didn't work but if Standard is that aggressive with contrast and saturation, that would explain it. The photos did look better when shot in vintage and black and white filters though.

The default jpeg profile for different cameras usually aims to be a good balance while giving punchier shots, which are what most people are looking for.  Canon and maybe others are known for pretty good skin tones even with their default profile, but even Canon, I think, has a Portrait profile which is probably even better.  I used to shoot with 3 Canon DSLRs, but I usually shot raw so I do not recall what the jpeg profiles were.

Do you still have a Panasonic body?  If so, I suggest you experiment with the different profiles and saturation/contrast settings.  If you don't then maybe you can borrow one?

Same with an Olympus body so you can find out if they can produce results you like.

-- hide signature --

Henry Richardson
http://www.bakubo.com

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow