Using Fuji lenses for astrophotography

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
getochkn
getochkn Contributing Member • Posts: 909
Re: Using Fuji lenses for astrophotography

When it comes to tracking, I have no idea, I've never used one but the better you get Polaris aligned, the longer you can go generally.

As for exposure time, again, you can use this calculator or that one, or use them as a guide and go for what you like.  I probably went a bit longer on my Andromedia photo, but it's far and I wanted all the light I could, so some blurry stars didn't bother me, they're not the focus, the galaxy is, so all the light I can get from it, the better.

And a lot, of astrophotography is post processing.

This is after stacking 30x1s images and then stretching through RNC stretcher.  I deleted all the single frames so I don't have a single frame to compare anymore, but it was pretty much just a fuzzy dot.

Then after loading into photoshop, curve stretching, editing, using astro tools photoshop plugin.

So don't ever look at the back of your camera and be disappointed.  90% of what brings out any great astro photo is editing.  lol.

getochkn's gear list:getochkn's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Canon PowerShot ELPH 360 HS Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-T30 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow