First bigger focus stack

Started 2 weeks ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Tmjc Forum Member • Posts: 72
First bigger focus stack

I have tried focus stacking before but just with 4 seperate images so this was a new experience for me. It was a lot more challanging than I thought, mainly because photoshop didn´t blend the images perfectly together and I had to correct it manually. I am not sure if I did something wrong but I couldn´t edit the masking layers that PS produced automatically so I ended up layering copies of my original images on top of the blended image and masked those. Is there an easier way to do this?

I probably should have taken more than the 10 images because there are still some spots that are a bit out of focus if you look closely. I also didn´t expect to encounter such heavy focus breathing so the bottom edge looks a bit weird.

10 Images with  1/15s  f 8  iso 400

you can see the focus breathing

It was taken with my canon 6d ii with the 100mm Usm Macro
I hope you like it!

Tmjc's gear list:Tmjc's gear list
Canon 6D Mark II Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM Canon 70-300 F4-5.6 IS II +1 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Canon 6D Mark II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow