M43 cameras and blotchy red skin tones

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
Cafe Racer Contributing Member • Posts: 702
Re: M43 cameras and blotchy red skin tones

Dexter75 wrote:

In the past, I’ve owned the Panasonic GX7, GX8 and GX85 and all have suffered from terrible skin tones. Blotchy red spots on faces, chests, even arms.

What made you continue to buy Panasonic cameras after the GX7 if you're unhappy with the results?

This seems to happen both in natural light and really bad with flash or strobe lighting. I have really been wanting to get an Olympus EM 10 iii because of the great deals and I love a few of the Olympus portrait lenses. However, looking at samples of different Olympus cameras online, seems they suffer this same problem with blotchy red skin. It’s pretty bad, makes people look like they have some kind of skin disorder. I could never deliver photos like that to a client.

What camera do you use when you want to produce photos with good skin tones that you can deliver to a client?

Why is this? Is this a M43 thing? is there a way to correct this with different settings?

These questions sound rather rudimentary. The skill level of a photographer can be more important than the equipment when aiming to achieve high quality results.

Here are some examples of what I’m talking about from both Panasonic and Olympus cameras

Do you get the results you talk about with brown skin?

Cafe Racer's gear list:Cafe Racer's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P1 Olympus PEN E-P5 Panasonic G85 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow