Shutter count 5D Mk IV, bit confused...

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
superclarkey
superclarkey Forum Member • Posts: 64
Shutter count 5D Mk IV, bit confused...

I have never checked my shutter count on my 5D as I was not really interested but I know I shoot maybe 3x more through the view finder than in live mode, i.e mirror up.

I have gone to trade my camera in thinking I had only shot around 20k photos as I didn’t use the camera that often, but the store came back and said I had shot 16,000 photos and 46,000 in mirror up, so total is 62k shots...  that doesn’t sound right at all!

The camera went into Canon 12 months ago for an warranty issue, and they ended up replacing the main board, and loads of internal parts (electrics, nothing mechanical) which got me thinking, could I had a second hand board that skewed my shutter count?

only ask as its effected the price of the camera second hand and the camera looks unused.

I can’t see how I have used the camera that much full stop...  the reason I bought a second body in the first place is that it took canon 3 months to repair the camera first time round and bought another camera so this one has just been a spare, when I did come to use it the audio didn’t work in video... so they had to replace everything to fix it... so never trusted it that much after that so never used it full time.

my full time body doesn’t have this much on it as I paid for an app to check it and its 50k shots, 5k live view.

only other thing I can think of did they leave the camera shooting over night to test it?? As I know they did loads of testing on it to start with as they couldn’t find the issue.

superclarkey's gear list:superclarkey's gear list
Canon EOS-1D X Mark III Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-70mm F2.8L II USM Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM Canon EF 35mm F1.4L II USM +1 more
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow