‘Deep Learning’ boom or bust?

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Pocket Lint Contributing Member • Posts: 693
‘Deep Learning’ boom or bust?

Digital Camera World posted a very interesting and informative article discussing Canons 1DX Mark III and it’s ‘Deep Learning’ algorithms that were used to program the autofocus system.

It’s not a very long article but concise and well written. I may have been too emotionally attached to this camera and set higher expectations then I should have. I will redact my statement that I was disappointed in the new sensor and camera in general.

With that being said, I think Canon does listen to their user base and does know that there are a lot of wildlife photographers who would love to have a camera with specs and features that all the sports shooters get spoiled with.

Still would have loved more megapixels though!
What are your thoughts on ‘Deep Learning’? I think Canon should have been doing this years ago... Also... signs of things to come for mirrorless pro body! No doubt that is the future now in my mind.

Pocket Lint's gear list:Pocket Lint's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Rokinon 14mm F2.8 IF ED MC Canon EF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6L IS II Canon EF 16-35mm F2.8L III USM +2 more
Canon EOS-1D Canon EOS-1D X Mark II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow