Ricoh griii flash problem

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
OP averageguy Regular Member • Posts: 315
Re: Ricoh griii flash problem

skrause wrote:

averageguy wrote:

skrause wrote:

averageguy wrote:

Just this last week I bought one second hand and have just found out one of the contacts is missing on top where a flash is connected. Does anyone know if this is easy to get repaired?

TIA

If you're thinking about the top let of the hot shoe (looking from the back of the camera), there is no contact there. This little hole is intended for a pin on the flash, to keep the flash in place. Nothing to worry about.

Thanks.....very helpful...I guess what’s pushed me into thinking it was a problem, is that the small flash that comes with the camera doesn’t seem to work, so maybe it’s the flash.

Your GR III came with a flash? Maybe the previous owner threw it into the deal? Mine came without one, and the Ricoh website doesn't list one among the included accessories (see here: http://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/english/products/gr-3/spec/index.html).

Aye threw one in that didn’t work....tbh the more important thing is the contacts ..and thanks for solving that issue.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow