Question for M6, M6ii and M50 users.

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
cmcm789 Regular Member • Posts: 143
Question for M6, M6ii and M50 users.

I have an issue (so do many others from what i've read) with my M5 and very low light flash photography.

My example is taking a portrait (on or off camera flash) in practically pitch black in full manual mode with manual focus. In short the time between pressing the shutter button and the camera taking the image (flash firing) can be 2-3 seconds.

As i say, many M5 users have reported this but no firmware has been brought out to correct it. From my searching it appears that the delay is in two stages. Stage 1 is the variable and causes most of the delay. When the shutter is half pressed the camera seems to do something for a couple of seconds before it is ready to take the shot (the display will change on the screen). This is equivalent to it trying to obtain focus before it can shoot under normal lighting conditions, or assess exposure or distance (i assume). But, everything is already set in manual? The second stage is just a shutter lag of a fraction of a second which is always consistent.

I want to know if this is an M5 specific issue, a processor (Digic) version issue or a more generic canon mirrorless problem.

Anyone who has experience or can run a test with their model please let me know the outcome. It's as simple as popping your on camera flash, set everything to manual (including focus), leave the lens cap in place and shoot.

Thanks in Advance.

Canon EOS M50 (EOS Kiss M) Canon EOS M6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow