Got a Panasonic Lumix DMC-G80 and i need help

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
luismcb79 New Member • Posts: 12
Got a Panasonic Lumix DMC-G80 and i need help

Hello all, I'm a noob so go easy on me . My compact Canon SX260 SH died and after reading the Lumix G80/85 DP review i got this camera. It's my first mirrorless, i have much to learn and i'm having some wierds results. I got the DMC-G80HA 14-140mm F3.5-5-6 II kit (the new revision with weather sealling) and most of my jpegs have some "artifacts", just like an image with too much compression. Image quality is set to Fine and 16MB. I tried many different settings, i saw some online guides about this camera but nothing helps. This is easy to see on blue sky. I tried with Raw and i get similar results. I tried with different ISO, F and exposure values but i'm not happy with the results. My old compact Canon doesn't have this problem, how can be this possible? It's a much smaller sensor. I see the images side by side and the ones from my new G80 are worst. See the 2 images bellow and please tell me your opinion. Do i need to sent it to RMA? Or i'm doing something wrong? On the sunset image you can see it on the top left corner.
Thank you, Luis Miguel

Panasonic G85
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow