Quality YouTube channels?

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
AminF Regular Member • Posts: 498
Re: Mine ;-)

Just watched your latest video. Excellent points about sharpness. I've always sought the "sharpest" camera/film/sensor/lens - but recently I've learned that I don't really actually care about it that much when viewing the end result as a photograph.

My most favourite shot I took at a recent street photography workshop I attended was technically "wrong" and it was not sharp. Motion blur, guessed zone focusing that was wrong (!) and yet....and yet...there was emotion in the shot that spoke to me. The content spoke to me. It might not speak to others, which is fine, but it spoke volumes to me.

When I look at great examples of street photography some of them are not sharp yet still connect with the viewer. Some very, very sharp street photos (well, any genre really) have no life in them.

Fortunately this means I now no longer have to lust after new gear. The gear I have is more than adequate to do what I need (rather than want) for the rest of my life. I can spend the money on travel, instead. Amsterdam is one of the places I'll be visiting sometime this year.

If you're interested in seeing whether we can arrange a photowalk there, let me know. That's something I'd love to be part of.

Ralph Lemarechal wrote:

Great content ! Subscribed.
I think it's a matter of pushing (quality) content and we will reach out to more people.

AminF's gear list:AminF's gear list
Sony RX100 III Panasonic LX100 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX90V Sony Cyber-shot DSC-WX500 Nikon D750 +25 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
S9k
awy
GKN
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow