Z6 vs D750 (D780?) - Hi-ISO + Low Light

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
TacticDesigns
TacticDesigns Veteran Member • Posts: 6,809
Z6 vs D750 (D780?) - Hi-ISO + Low Light

Hello Everyone,

I have a Nikon D750. I just started reading up on the Nikon D780. And it looks like the D780 may be adopting the sensor from the Z6?

One of the things pointed out was that the D780 may bring better sensor performance over the D750 (among other things.)

I went over the DxO Mark and did the comparison of the Df vs D750 vs Z6 on their comparison tool.

https://www.dxomark.com/Cameras/Compare/Side-by-side/Nikon-Df-versus-Nikon-D750-versus-Nikon-Z6___925_975_1269

According to their comparison tool, the Z6 provides the best "Sports (Low-Light ISO)" score.

Df = 3279 ISO

D750 = 2956

Z6 = 3299

Does anyone have both the D750 and Z6 and use the camera with High ISO in less than ideal light? Or at least had the D750 and now has the Z6.

How does the High ISO + Low Light performance of the Z6 compare agains the D750?

As I said, I have the D750. I currently have the D7000 as a back-up camera. I was looking at getting a FF back-up body for some of the paid shoots I do.

I was kinda interested in Nikon Z, but my main lenses are screw drive, so I am in no position to switch over or even dip my toe into the Nikon Z system.

But this D780 announcement where some of the Z6 features are incorporated into the D780 sounds very interesting to me.

If the D780 has a let up on the D750 for High-ISO + Low Light shooting, it would solidify (even more) that I'd like to eventually get a D780.

EDIT: Oh, yeah. The reason I am interested is the main reason I got back into cameras back in 2010 was to chase my daughters around at indoor sport competitions. So shot in venues with less than ideal light. And flash is not allowed or not practical. I have had f/2.8 zooms for a long time. So the only IQ improvement I can get now will be from an improvement in the sensor performance. I was extremely happy going from the Nikon D70s to the D5100 and D7000. And again happy with the performance boost from the D7000 to the D750.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Take care & Happy Shooting!

-- hide signature --
 TacticDesigns's gear list:TacticDesigns's gear list
Fujifilm XP80 Nikon D5100 Pentax Q Pentax *ist DS Pentax K100D +9 more
Nikon D5100 Nikon D7000 Nikon D70s Nikon D750 Nikon Df Nikon Z6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD TOF guy
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow