Thoughts from EOS R wedding/event shooters

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Macman4789 Regular Member • Posts: 111
Thoughts from EOS R wedding/event shooters

Hi everyone,

I am currently a Sony shooter who used to be a Canon shooter years ago in the days of the 30D etc. I have been really happy with the innovation and obvious AF benefits of the Sony FE mirror less cameras. However now that the EOS R has matured somewhat and had some important firmware updates, by many accounts it seems it is much closer to the standard we all expect from a high end Canon camera. It is making me consider switching back to Canon and what I’m familiar with.

My main question is how do those who use it for weddings and important events get by with only one card slot? I don’t want to get into a rant about why there’s only one slot (it is what it is and we have to accept it until something changes) but how do you get around this? I couldn’t shoot a wedding with just one slot - I wouldn’t be able to sleep the night before! I’ve seen videos of people using the wireless JPG transfer to an iOS device. Is this reliable? Has anyone had any issues with it? I’ve also heard someone say you can transfer RAW files to a device but can only use them in a particular Canon app? Canon express or something?

Any comments would be greatly received.

Thanks

Canon EOS 30D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow