K-1 series… ;-)…

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
GossCTP Veteran Member • Posts: 5,338
Re: K-1 series… ;-)…

Holger Bargen wrote:

Sweets wrote:

… But, it's clear that Pentax is using this camera as a platform to communicate to those users that, someday, there will be a future in which they're holding a camera without a clack-clack-clacking mirror that can still accomplish what's needed in the field.

If you want to work without mirrorbox but a classic shutter you will still have the clack-clack-clack ... (and for the silent mirrors of PEntax cameras there us not much difference in sound level to that shutter sound).

Going from a k20d to the K5ii was a night and day difference with regard to the shutter sound. Surprisingly, the Fuji X-H1 gave me that same impression over the k5ii. They put a high quality mechanical shutter in that camera. I don't think it's in any other Fuji yet.

For mirrorless you can shoot with electronic shutter which has disadvantages:

https://www.jmpeltier.com/disadvantages-silent-electronic-shutter/

https://www.diyphotography.net/heres-why-you-shouldnt-use-electronic-shutter-for-portraits/

I still not know why we still have shutter sound when using electronic shutter with K1 - as LiveView means taking photos without impact of mirror action.

I don't have a K-1, but im guessing it's the sound of the lens stopping down. That lever is surprisingly noisy. Is it the same sound as the DOF preview makes?

But anyway - the electronic shutter is not my way as I am looking for high end IQ. So a MILC camera - if I ever should use it - will have that clack-clack-clack - not much different form the Pentax cameras I use at the moment.

Keep on shooting ... ! clack-clack-clack

Holger

In fact, if you simply removed the mirror box and threw in an EVF, I think you could argue that we're at that point today.

-- hide signature --

"Law and order" is anathema to liberty and justice.

GossCTP's gear list:GossCTP's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Pentax K20D Pentax K-5 II Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA 16-45mm F4 ED AL +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow