lens buying advice for fineart /boudoir

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
JohnS59 Regular Member • Posts: 315
Re: lens buying advice for fineart /boudoir

Raphaello88 wrote:

Hi.

Few months ago i bought xt30 with 18-55 2.8 which is exceptional but i need to switch to sth more "sharper".

For landscapes i dont mind manual focus lenses like samyang 12mm but my main type of photography are fineart and boudoir So my question is: with budget max 500GBP for first lens i should go for (need to say that dont mind distance between me and model): 35 1.4 or 50mm f2? Maybe some third party like viltrox 85mm(dont trust too much such companies) or adapted canon/nikon(not vintage)?

Thak you for help

Not mentioned yet is the 60mm f/2.4. Used about GBP 300-400. Very good optics and f/2.4 fully usable with already good sharpness at edges and corners. Nice bokeh, which looks like the 56 f/1.2mm and 90mm f/2 but you don't get the same background separation of course because it's a f/2.4 design. But excellent for portraits and close-ups, up to 1:2. It is not soft but doesn't have the "biting contrast" of some other primes like the 80mm f/2.8 or 50mm f/2. I call this an advantage for portraits.

It's not the fastest lens but still oké on a new camera like the X-T30.

John.

JohnS59's gear list:JohnS59's gear list
Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +8 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow