Why choose the D780 over a Z6/7?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
thetwonk Regular Member • Posts: 232
Re: Why choose the D780 over a Z6/7?

Take the guts of a Z6 fuse with a D7xx series body and the nice to haves from the D8xx series cameras and what's not to like probably just the price. I don't think MLC is the future any more than the DSLR is a thing of the past. They are just different implementations of the same sensors, processors and other bits. IMHO Its not even down to specific tasks as either can do most things. Its personal preference and more choice than we have ever had. I would choose DSLRs over Mirrorless because I enjoy the experience of using it more which is important personally. There is no rational choice if I wanted the advantages of an EVF or the benefits of the new lens mount  I would go with the Z. I have zero interest in other brands as a 40 year Nikon user. Its never been a better time for photographers from an equipment point of view.

-- hide signature --

How much Grog do we have left?

thetwonk's gear list:thetwonk's gear list
Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 35mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm F1.8G
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow