Z50 and opting out of the 50-250mm - thoughts?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
tsinvest Senior Member • Posts: 1,221
Re: Z50 and opting out of the 50-250mm - thoughts?

Hi,  Thought I would chime in.  Just ordered a Z50 two lens kit today with the FTZ adapter.  By the way if you order the two lens kit through Nikon they give you the option to add the adapter for only $49.95, which is a huge savings.  Plus it is the yellow box deal so if for any reason you are unhappy with it you can return it without any $ loss.

I have a D7500 with the 70-300 lens however I strongly feel a native Z lens will have an edge over an adapted lens in weight, size and perhaps image quality.  I also have the 18-140mm F lens that I will probably use with the adapter.  No doubt the AF-P 70-300 F lens is a fantastic lens, however I can't help thinking the 50-250mm Z lens without the adapter will be quite a bit lighter in weight and size.  I have also heard that it produces a very sharp image with great VR.

Just my thoughts...hope they help.

Thanks, Tom

tsinvest's gear list:tsinvest's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P900 Canon G7 X II Nikon D7500 Nikon Z50 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR +15 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow