LA-EA4 + Sigma 400mm F5.6 APO telemacro

Started May 9, 2015 | Discussions thread
wsalopek Regular Member • Posts: 235
Re: LA-EA4 + Sigma 400mm F5.6 APO telemacro

Skip py wrote:

I haven't heard of an HSM for A-mount: that should very be hard to find and to buy?

You may have a look at these user reports on the available APO Telemacro model in Sony A-mount, if you have not already read it; even one with A7Rii and LA-EA4 (?) who shares some advice to cope with AF hunting:

https://www.dyxum.com/reviews/lenses/Sigma-400mm-F5.6-APO-telemacro_review224.html

Maybe good enough for static birds and surfers?

Not sure if that helps, but the Canon L 400 f/5.6 fares pretty well with MC-11 and A7iii regarding colors, AF accuracy and speed, even for aerobatic follow-up of jet planes. Sharpness is already good enough for me, at least on a 24Mpx sensor (the Sigma may have an edge with A7Rii on this point). Apart from a price point comparison with the older APO HSM Telemacro (known to be less effective regarding AF on Canon bodies), it should be easier to find with some interesting second hand offers?

Regards, Fred

Fred,

Thanks...yes, what you say makes sense.

I was thinking that is Sigma made an HSM version for Canon (and I believe for Nikon as well), that they would have done the same for the A-mount...but maybe not...and I've looked and looked, and so far can't find one.

I've also looked at the Sigma website, searching for some info...no luck.

-- hide signature --

Bill

wsalopek's gear list:wsalopek's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony a7R II GoPro Hero5 Black Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II Canon EF-S 10-18mm F4.5–5.6 IS STM +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow