After disaster hit me... What is your file management system and backup for lightroom?

Started Jan 8, 2020 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
lb77 Regular Member • Posts: 285
After disaster hit me... What is your file management system and backup for lightroom?

Hi, I'm a lightroom user. I lost both of my external HD (mechanical failure) and I'm paying a lot of money to get 6 years of photos back from one of them in a HD recovery lab.
I learned the expensive way that I need a online cloud file management system of some sort.

Can you tell me what is your work flow when you import raw files? Do you work with a physical external HD and immediately back up online? Do your work with photos exclusively online? IF you are a lightroom user, do you use adobe cloud?

I'm a bit lost. Should I use adobe cloud? Some other system? I would also like to back up all of my computers. I lost confidence on physical HD so a all in one solution would be good.

Thank you

lb77's gear list:lb77's gear list
Ricoh GR II Nikon D810 Tokina AT-X Pro 100mm f/2.8 Macro Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm F1.4G Voigtlander 58mm F1.4 Nokton SL II +3 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow