Fujifilm remote app for X-T30 does n't work

Started Jan 6, 2020 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
pusjkin New Member • Posts: 13
Fujifilm remote app for X-T30 does n't work

I bought an X-T30 last week and found out that it was a marvellous little camera in most ways. However when it came to installing the remote app it failed totally and after 8 hours of hard labour (I am quite experienced in most computer and network areas). I tried all methods suggested on the Web, including Fujifilms you-tube instructions, to first activate the location function for the Fuji app on my Samsung S8 edge mobile phone which is running Android 9.

Nothing helped and allthough the camera and the phone were paired I could only remotely trigger the shutter but couldn't upload photos or upgrade the firmware for the camera.

Back to the shop where helpful people made new atempts to install the app on my, as well as other Android phones with no success.

Luckily for me I could just give the camera back to the shop and get all my money back. I am now researching for an alterative camera brand with a similar camera and it seames as if the remote app for Fujifilm cameras doesn't work correctly for any model so my shop has tempoarily stopped the sales of Fuji cameras.

Does any of you have other or the same experiences with the Fujifilm app?

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow